Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $41 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Investment team.
This position is responsible for developing and managing strategic asset allocations across traditional and alternative asset classes. The Fund Manager will work with other members of the team in managing the multi-asset class funds, particularly the Target-Date and Target-Risk funds. The Fund Manager will also conduct asset allocation research for other portfolios managed by the team and may assist with investment manager due diligence. A strong understanding of asset allocation principles and their real work application is required.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Monitor portfolio allocations daily and advise senior members of the team on the need to rebalance.
• Determine cash flow impact across funds and coordinate with Finance Division and other Fund Managers on all cash flow transactions.
• Perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis on funds/sub-advised portfolios.
• Support other Fund Managers through a team approach to provide continuity of daily management of other funds.
• Stay updated on the financial markets; the economy.
• Conduct performance attribution relative to benchmarks and peers.
• Perform comprehensive asset allocation reviews on target-date and target-risk funds as well as other funds and portfolios managed by the team.
• Monitor target-date and target-risk fund trends and developments, and contribute to strategic initiatives and product development.
• Prepare written materials for Fund and Corporate Boards.
• Perform other basic responsibilities relating to quarter-end and year-end activities, as well as periodic reviews of disclosure materials.
• Support due diligence activities on external investment managers.
• As needed, manage cash flows and/or the rebalancing of certain funds and portfolios.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 7-10 years experience in asset allocation modeling and portfolio construction.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and represent RC at highest level. Requires discretion, judgment, tact and poise with a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet proficiency (Access, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
• Excellent grammar and language skills, accurate spelling and proofing skills and the ability to complete complex mathematic computations.
• Strong analytical skills and a high level of accuracy with detailed data.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, handle multiple diverse tasks, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to work effectively in an often deadline driven environment with competing priorities.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients (e.g., senior management, board members, vendors and associates) using tact and diplomacy and effective communication skills.
• CFA and/or CAIA preferred.
• Occasional travel may also be required.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.