What's your motivation? Want satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives? At the American Heart Association our mission is building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Join an organization that was voted "One of the Best NonProfits to Work For" since 2010.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Director serving the Waterloo and Dubuque areas. Director will have a home office set up and ideally be located in the Waterloo area.
We are seeking a motivated and results-oriented outside sales professional or fundraiser to help advance the mission of the American Heart Association – building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke – by obtaining corporate sponsorships.
The Director will work on the overall planning and implementation for three events, a Go Red for Women Luncheon and Heart Walk in Waterloo and Heart Walk in Dubuque. Responsibilities include: achieve financial goal by obtaining corporate sponsorships, auction items, and corporate walk teams through face-to-face solicitation; promote walker participation; develop volunteer committees; build strong relationships throughout the community, particularly the corporate community; event coordination and execution, including budget management.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
The American Heart Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. The AHA is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its volunteers, staff and programs.
- Must have strong outside sales, cold-calling and relationship-building skills
- Team leader able to work well in a team driven environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Waterloo and/or Dubuque area businesses and philanthropic communities preferred
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 25%
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement
- Bachelor’s or some college plus experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education
- Must be at least 18 years old
American Heart Association - 18 months ago
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...