Required Education / Experience:
- The Project Manager will be involved in all aspects of this team’s management including:
- Overseeing the coordination and completion of projects
- Setting deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarizes progress of projects
- Preparing reports for upper management regarding the status of each project
- Responsible for ensuring delivery timelines are met
- Performing a variety of tasks and rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Leading and directing the work of others and have a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Meeting with federal clients, as well as partners and vendors
- The Project Manager (PM) shall have at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree (4-year) preferably with a business or technical major, such as business administration, engineering, computer science or related information technology field.
- Individual must have at least five (5) years on at least three (3) separate projects managing at least five (5) team members on a complex IT project worth at least $3million dollars.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing projects in which systematic approaches were employed to eliciting, specifying and tracking requirements throughout the life cycle of a project, such as establishing and versioning baselines, ensuring customer approval, and facilitating traceability from inception through design, testing and deployment.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing projects where detailed project schedules were developed and tracked using an automated tool and where progress was reported to management and team members on a regular basis.
- Must have an active PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- In addition to the required experience, candidates must also exhibit:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see tasks through to completion and work in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail and time management to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Strong ability to self motivate and work without continuous oversight or direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Oracle Federal Financials
- Can use SQL to link tables and select, sort and extract data
Minimal travel to various locations to interact with clients as needed
**GCE is an equal opportunity employer**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin