ENGILITY Corp is seeking a Oracle DBA to work in Charleston, SC in support of the Global Combat Support System-Marine Corps (GCSS-MC) program. GCSS-MC is the Marine Corps' supply chain logistic support system, built upon Oracle's eBusiness Suite, supporting troops both in garrison and in deployed environments. Qualified candidate will develop, implement and manage state of the art information technology strategies and platforms utilizing relational and conventional database technology, data modeling concepts, tools and techniques that meet the current and future business needs of our customers. Performs all aspects of logical and physical database design and development, structured testing of database designs, applications, and technology platforms, security administration, backup and recovery planning, capacity planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards and procedures related to the database environment.
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, etc.) With 8+ years performing as a DBA
- Experience with Agile with Scrum software development methodologies are highly desired
- Strong software development skills, including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Work closely with developers to refine and optimize SQL entities and queries, stored procedures, index definition and utilization and data partitioning.
- Can define and execute ORACLE performance tests
- Can engage and interpret ORACLE logs for troubleshooting and performance testing reasons.
- Excellent written and verbal, communication time management, interpersonal and team participation.
- Experience analyzing existing databases to determine applicability of fit with new business initiatives.
- Experience primarily with Oracle database, with exposure to other database platforms highly desired
- Understand the design and implementation considerations for constructing data warehouses and data marts.
- Proven capability to identify, define, and communicate SQL design tradeoffs using a structured, detail oriented approach
- Ability to develop prototype database schemas in support of architectural proof using a variety of technologies as dictated by architectural prescription
Applicants selected for this position will require an interim DoD Secret clearance, and background screening. Applicants selected for a security clearance will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirement for access to classified information.
- Experience with the following: Oracle 9i, 10g, or 11g
- ORACLE installation and administration on Linux/UNIX/Windows (including considerations of backup, recovery, tuning, troubleshooting and scalability)
- The development and optimization of PL/SQL
- Experience designing, optimizing, and maintaining relational databases in support of both transactional and reporting applications.
- Experience in the following is a strong plus: Knowledge of Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control; Oracle Dataguard; Oracle RMAN; Oracle Application Server
- Understanding of other database architectures is a plus.
was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from "engineering" and "agility" and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide
a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25% of the time
Engility Corporation - 2 years ago
When Uncle Sam says, "I want you for the US Army," Engility Holdings strives to answer the call, and then some. A government...