US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
This position reports to the Project Manager for the GCSS-Army SAP Solution. The Sustainment Manager will oversee all activities related to supporting a live SAP environment. This includes supporting a team that monitors the production environment with daily monitoring activities, incident coordination and resolution, minor enhancements to the current solution, develops risks and mitigation plans for common errors (whether system or user related), monitors business process results utilizing the GCSS-Army solution, and prepares recommendations and solutions to NG.
The Sustainment Manager and Sustainment Team will be the central point of contact for SAP solutions, and will map end-to-end solution support and monitoring of business processes.
The Sustainment Manager will define the governance and procedures for production support. The Sustainment Manager will ensure that the Sustainment Team is following the outlined procedures and policies, as well as mentor the team in developing other teams/customers in these processes. The Sustainment Manager’s Team will ensure that post-production support is operational, and that functional and technical teams follow defined governance models and procedures for moving changes into the production environment. The Sustainment Manager’s Team will also ensure, all business processes as they relate to GCSS-Army, are documented. The Sustainment Manager’s Team will monitor end-user competency and develop action plans where/when appropriate.
Sustainment Manager is also responsible for overseeing training Development. Part of this responsibility includes coordinating the help desk activities and the training development activities.
The Sustainment Manager will establish the Control, Core and Support Processes of the Sustainment Team. This includes:
- Sustainment Design: Ensure all design decisions are documented to the current solution, and ensure new changes to production are fully documented
- Sustainment Support: Ensure all current day-to-day activities of the Sustainment Team are documented
- Monitor: Establish monitoring processes and procedures for the Sustainment Team
Provisioning of applications
- Application and Infrastructure Management
Design and planning based on requirements
Implementing changes to the environment
Optimization and support
Support for handling serious incidents
Proactive problem prevention
End-user Assessments, and action plans when needed
- System Operations: Securing the standard tasks (monitoring, job scheduling, etc.)
- Risk Management: Minimization of risks by implementing control mechanisms
The Sustainment Manager will develop and establish a Governance Model that supports the current GCSS-Army solution. The model will encompass: Organizational Model, Operations Processes, Collaboration Platform, Quality Management and Continual Improvement.
- Exception Handling: Designs a model for managing exceptions and error situations
- Job Scheduling Management: Planning, scheduling and monitoring of background jobs in the system
- Data and Transaction Integrity/Consistency: Develop governance model for new/changes to the current solution (for example – not to allow a new data element to work the same as an existing data element).
- Communicate to the field all system functionality changes and all associated training/spt content.
The Sustainment Manager will plan and monitor budgets, costs and resources related to the Sustainment Team.
and able to obtain and maintain a “Public Trust” clearance.
Bachelors degree or higher with a minimum 15 years application (SAP) experience:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- In-depth program leadership skills, business acumen, SAP technology skills to develop and deliver business support
- Review existing management and business processes and implement the supporting framework and governance within the current operations
- Develop a collaborative environment internal and external to the program with communication and sharing of ideas
- Ability to develop business case (value engineering) and key performance indicators
- Ability to establish proactive, timely and accurate communication protocols
- Plan and implement issues, risk identification and risk mitigation processes and procedures
- Plan and implement quality management processes and procedures
- Plan and implement governance procedures
- Identify required resource skills for the Sustainment Team
- Promote individuals performance and productivity levels through timely mentoring and coaching – providing constructive feedback, talent retention and performance reviews as required
- Create collaborative environment between Implementation Teams, Help Desk and the Sustainment Team
- Provide flexibility and personal latitude for the team to fully utilize their strengths and creativity
- Change agent who adopts well to rapid changing environments
- Consistently deliver strong client service capabilities
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high-integrated environment
- Demonstrated ability to share creative and new ideas
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 11 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, inform...