GFX Design Intern
Job Description: Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
In this position, you will be involved with the design and verification of a graphics block in an Intel Architecture semiconductor/SoC. Your responsibilities will include one or more of the following activities:
- logic design using System Verilog
- functional logic verification using industry standard simulators
- synthesizing the RTL code and doing timing analysis/fixes
- writing automation scripts in Perl/other languages
Must be a senior currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, with coursework relevant to digital logic design, and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Strong logic design and analysis skills
- Familiarity with Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) circuit design concepts
- Knowledge of the System Verilog* hardware description language
- Familiarity with Very High System Integration (VLSI) and/or Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) flows such as logic simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, floor planning, and formal verification
- Knowledge of PC and chipset architecture (microprocessors, busses, caches, interrupts, Direct Memory Access (DMA) and others)
- Working knowledge of UNIX* (or similar) computing environment as well as basic scripting skills
- Knowledge of PC interfaces
- Strong programming and scripting skills (Perl, C, Visual Basic*)
Dec 17, 2012
Dec 18, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...