Organization: Resources - Utility Transmission, Distribution, and Smart Grid Consulting
Location: Location Negotiable
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture's Consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with Accenture, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Business Consulting, Business and Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Systems Integration Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance. Industry professionals have skills in analyzing, designing, building, testing and deploying industry-specific solutions, including innovating technology solutions to enable industry standards and processes.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Shaping and leading programs that translate process application and/or integration shortfalls into transformation programs/projects
- Articulating application and integration strategy and architecture point of view and thought leadership for business solutions
- Envisioning new and innovative approaches and predicting probable business outcomes
- Establishing total cost of ownership metrics for actual impacts of application implementation
- Influencing client direction based on application design and architecture
- Defining solution architecture
- Shaping and leading large-scale application design and architecture activities
- Establishing acceptance of designs with client executives
- Translating and conveying impact of process and system changes to bottom line
- Shaping and leading large scale application build, test, and deploy activities
- Assessing and managing risk and issues throughout all aspects of the application implementation
- Extensive travel to clients' locations
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of experience with GIS implementation (specifically ESRI ArcGIS or Telvent Miner or Miner products)
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Experience with utility GIS applications, ESRI ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Server, and Telvent Miner and Miner ArcFM and ArcFM Server and other network modeling and management systems (e.g., network analysis, outage management, and distribution management)
- Experience working with electric and gas transmission and distribution utilities business areas (i.e., operations, construction, engineering, data management, and maintenance)
- Recent electric and or gas distribution utility GIS implementation experience with knowledge and background in several of the following:
- Implementing ESRI ArcGIS and configuring Miner and Miner ArcFM software products
- Specific experience in electric and gas, enterprise-scale utility GIS implementation projects
- Business process design to support the transmission and distribution functions of a utility
- ESRI ArcGIS Data Model principles for Electric, Gas Utilities (Landbase, Gas Distribution, Gas Transmission, Electric Distribution, and Electric Transmission)
- EAI and traditional integration with other Utility T&D Applications (i.e., AMI, SCADA, Work Management, Graphical Work Design, Customer Information System, Outage Management, Distribution Management, Distribution Planning/Network Analysis, etc)
- SAP EAM/PM - ESRI ArcGIS integration
- GIS readiness for Smart Grid implementation
- GIS - Smart Grid integration
- Issues and Risks associated with GIS integration and overall implementation
- Training and developing team members, both internal and client
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Accenture can mobilize the right people, skills, and technologies to help clients improve their performance.
- Program and Project management skills (e.g., estimating, work planning, project reporting and tracking, project budget management, and issue management) with a strong delivery record
- Strong client interaction and engagement skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interest in collaborative work with clients
- Familiarity with end-to-end implementation methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
We are an equal opportunity Employer.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting,...