AIR Worldwide (AIR) is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in more than 50 countries. More than 400 insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR software and services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, detailed site-specific wind and seismic engineering analyses, agricultural risk management, and property replacement-cost valuation. AIR is a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics and is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. More on AIR http//www.air-worldwide.com/
As a GIS Product/Business Analyst, you will assist the product management team with defining the spatial analytics business requirements and loading and analyzing spatial data.
Additionally, you will help to maintain a variety of spatial databases and related tools.
Assist the product management team with defining the spatial analytics and spatial data business requirements
Gather, analyze and integrate spatial and non-spatial data from different sources and determine the best way to store, use and display
Analyze and manipulate large vector and raster data sets
Perform various spatial analysis on shapefiles, geodatabases, and ASCII files (text and raster)
Help maintain various internal tools used for loading and analyzing the spatial data
Experience and Training
- Experience with ArcGIS and its various extensions, such as Spatial Analyst; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access
- Ability to manage spatial data with focus on data QA/QC
- Experience with mapping technologies such as Google Earth/Map, Bing map, etc.
- Knowledge of cartographic and geographic principles, symbology, practices and current trends
- Visual Basic programming experience; Python a plus.
- SQL query and SQLServer database experience
- Experience with MapInfo a plus
- Ability to meet rigorous deadlines, work on several projects simultaneously, and work in a team setting
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
Bachelor of Science
1+ years mainly in QA and spatial data management
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...