Candidate has knowledge of GIS related software application supporting production of geospatial products. Responsible for designing, developing. Implementing, consulting and addressing the systems demands of GIS. Provides consultation on GIS systems, integrating and applications development for the production of geospatial products.
Seeking a computer scientist experienced in developing both native iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Research, designs, develops, and/or modifies mobile systems and applications.
- Involved in the full development cycle: idea, design, development, release, and maintenance.
- Evaluates interface between mobile hardware and software, operation requirements, and characteristics of client's overall mobile ecosystem.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system.
- Experience in web based and mobile app development
- Technical background in software development or applications including web services and mobile apps
- Experience developing mobile app tools such as Objective-C, Java (Android), HTML5 Mobile Apps
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and analytical
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Concept of Operations (CONOP), and/or Technical Documentation development experience
- Database design experience
- iOS SDK (Objective-C)
- the Android SDK (Java)
Education and Experience
- Experience supporting the Intelligence Community
- Experience developing location based services
- Experience in developing web applications and web services including: Ruby/Rails, Node.js, jQuery, Angular.js, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience in geospatial development for serving geospatial data and analytics leveraging Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Standards
- Experience in database design in MongoDB, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, or SQLite/SpatiaLite
- Experience developing Representational State Transfer (REST) web services
- Experience with Geospatial app development including: OpenGeo Suite, MapServer, PostGIS, and ESRI Map Services
- At least 9 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience for Bachelor's and Master's Degree)
EOIR Technologies - 7 months ago