The GIS Supplier Relations Specialist works with various members of the GIS organization to effectively manage the relationship with strategic business partners. This position assists in planning and coordinating on behalf of H-D GIS all aspects of a highly collaborative relationship with its strategic infrastructure, applications and service suppliers. This position maintains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of GIS service suppliers and serves as the initial point of contact on issues that are escalated from the functional areas. This role counsels and advises GIS stakeholders globally on contractual and legal aspects associated with services delivered by the suppliers. This includes interpreting the contracts, assisting in contract negotiations, monitoring the fulfillment of contractual obligations, and overseeing correspondence with contracting parties.
This role develops the GIS Supplier Management Office (SMO) methodology for tracking critical and one-time deliverables and drives the implementation of the governance processes as outlined in the contract and the internal GIS SMO governance processes with regard to managing suppliers. Long-term, this role will focus on monitoring and improving the quality of the relationship between GIS and its suppliers, and monitoring compliance assurance (contract terms and conditions, commitments, and notifications).
BA/BS in Business Administration or Supplier Management required. Equivalent experience is accepted. If the candidate does not meet the degree requirement a combination of relevant education and experience should total the equivalent of 13 years.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
- 5+ years’ experience with supplier relationship management and/or IT contract management.
- Demonstrated strong managed supplier services knowledge, contract administration, project and financial management experience.
- Experience in managing and negotiating supplier relationships and large contracts.
- Experience in supply change management.
- Ability to resolve conflicts quickly and to settle disputes equitably.
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to communicate system and business issues; develop and evaluate alternative action plans, and make recommendations.
- Some IT Services and Infrastructure knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, to lead and affect process and organizational change and improvements.
- Possess customer service mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures both internally and externally.
- Travel is required 10-15%.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%
Harley-Davidson - 15 months ago
Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to the successful...