• Learn glaze line applications, Lab colorimeter.
• Learn and perform color, gloss, texture, rheology adjustments on glazes for production line.
• Learn Ceramic manufacturing process.
• Create and/or organize a digital library of all glaze fired samples to be used as future master std.
• Create and/or organize a library and stock of color body green tiles for up coming color change glaze test.
• Perform all tests required on glazes for glaze line color approval.
• Assist production department on any glaze adjustment required to achieve a Target Shade.
• Maintain and organize approved sample tiles, testing documents, Colormix formulations and information related with all kind of test.
• Learn any additional technical equipment needed to perform the tasks described.
• Perform other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processors to perform reports.
1 or more years as glaze prep, glaze lab and or glaze line experience. In preference a combination of all
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities. Ability to read and understand procedures in English. Effective communication skills, listening skills, attention to details, and ability to organize and retrieve information. Ability to manage several projects at once. Ability to work in a team environment.
- 3 years ago - save job
Dal-Tile Corporation never fails to floor its customers. The company is one of the world's largest and best-known ceramic tile makers. It...