Salesman / Account Representative is responsible for promoting sales and profitability by:
- Selling available transportation services in a multi-state territory to new customers
- Expanding the sales of available transportation services to existing customers
- Growing, managing and maintaining positive business relationships with new and existing customers
- Understands the various freight transport markets including competitive offerings.
- Gathers market and customer information.
- Sources and develops customer referrals.
- Prospects potential business; gains a clear understanding of customers, their requirements and qualifies account.
- Distributes Company advertising and promotional materials; follows up via emails and phone calls.
- Schedules sales calls; makes cold calls / uses consulting and negotiating approaches.
- Secures new and expanded business for and based on GPS’ available and planned transportation capacity.
- Maintains customer contact and performs customer satisfaction surveys.
- Submits weekly sales reports and makes recommendations to the General Manager and executive management team on ways to grow sales.
- Achieves sales goals.
- Keeps up-to-date on current events and changes in the industry. Monitors competitors and market conditions.