Position Purpose :
The dispatcher is responsible for insuring all orders are scheduled and delivered per customer’s delivery instructions.
- Ensure all drivers on scheduled shift are dispatched in an efficient manner as to maximize drivers, equipment and minimize dead head miles.
- Insure thru safety dept. all drivers dispatched have available hours to run their dispatch
- Insure thru maintenance that all equipment dispatched is available and roadworthy
- Insure all loads dispatched are double checked for accuracy of product, supplier, loading rack and quantities
- Utilize Discreet Wireless to monitor truck movement and notify customers with any delayed delivery issues
- Monitor on call phone as scheduled to assist drivers and customers with any delivery issues
- Utilize call list to generate additional loads to maximize daily load count
- Assist with customer inventory management as assigned
- Call in off duty drivers with available hours to fill in shift due to sickness, vacation etc.
- Responsible to insure all driver paperwork is received and processed in a timely manner prescribed by management
- Assist in processing all freight invoices
- Assist in processing driver payroll
- Monitor phones, e-mails and text from customers to generate new orders and process same
- Access DOE Hotline each Monday afternoon for current diesel price and update Fuel Surcharge in Telapoint and pass along to customers as needed
- Use MapQuest to determine freight miles for new customer locations to insure proper charges to customer
Group Petroleum Services, Inc. - 10 months ago