RN PEDIATRIC CARE COORDINATOR
AT FLAGSTAFF MEDICAL CENTER
This is a full time 40 hour per week position. Days shift.
The Care Coordinator works in continuous partnership with in-department colleagues, other members of the care team, medical homes and others who have stake in the Health Steps Model to provide mothers and newborns with coordinated medical care that includes breastfeeding success, timely pediatric appointments, appropriate developmental and sensory screenings, AND developmental education to enhance mother, child and family well-being.
This is a grant funded position with funding allocated for the period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 with an anticipated renewal for three additional years.
-Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required.
-BSN (or bachelors degree in related field) - required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Pediatric, pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care work experience - preferred.
- Experience in breast feeding facilitation with new mothers – preferred.
- Case management experience – preferred.
- Current RN license within the state of Arizona - required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification - required.
- BLS within 90 days of hire - required.
Skills - required:
- Capability to communicate effectively and professionally with children and adults.
- Ability to engage new mothers and family members.
- Ability to problem solve using critical thinking skills, visionary capabilities, creativity, patience and flexibility.
- Posses skills to assess newborns, mothers, and families, provide education and community referral.
- Communicates effectively with other disciplines and has strong teamwork ability.
- Able to be flexible, reliable, and accountable.
Serving half the state of Arizona and employing nearly 3,000 people—including 300 physicians—Northern Arizona Healthcare is the...