The Graphic Designer/Production Artist role is a contract opportunity to join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States, Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist will be
responsible for the production of sample boards, sales sheets, and other publication and print collateral for multiple brands. Duties include, but are not limited to mechanical production and design using industry standard software in a Mac OS environment.
Candidate must have strong communication skills, have keen attention to detail, have the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, and be able to meet the demands of tight deadlines. He/she must have Strong desktop publishing skills and command of illustration tools.
He/she must be self-reliant, yet communicate closely with the Graphics Manager, and work directly with internal customers when instructed. Candidate must have the ability to discuss and comprehend technical aspects of the job and have a vast understanding of the production aspect of graphic design.
- Attention to detail a must; strong proofreading skills and ability to produce high quality work without errors.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specific information.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6, Microsoft Office, and FTP client software to be able to perform duties
quickly and efficiently
- Experience working in a share server environment.
- Understand design process from conception to final product and highly skilled in print and pre-press mechanical production.
- Insure graphic standards are met consistently on all collateral.
- Ability to implement design templates using Styles across several different marketing sampling tools.
- Strong color skills and ability to color check photography and adjust RGB/CMYK values.
- Manipulates product and room scene photography
- Apply proper naming conventions and maintaining all digital files for marketing on a continuous basis.
- Gather electronic images for online and print support.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities, including but not limited to, design and production responsibilities and administrative tasks
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time and meets set objectives.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Reflect a professional and proficient approach when communicating with internal and external customers.
- Keep open line of communication on project status.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Understands communication hierarchy in department.
- Communicates with teammates and works closely under Graphics Manager to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Supports internal and external customers.
Education and Knowlwdge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with major in graphic design or visual communications or equivalent
combination of education, training and / or experience.
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6, and FTP client software
- Proficient with Tables in InDesign, extensive photo manipulation, and packaging files to be press ready a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Applications
- Packaging and carton design a plus
- Understands and is able to take challenges/opportunities and leverage graphics to provide solutions.
- Performs duties with latitude for independent judgment and decision making within the framework of the job.
- Has a strong working knowledge and understanding of all design and production initiatives, priorities, and discipline.
- Experience and confidence to onboard quickly into position to assist in making a positive impact.
- Flexibility with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Mohawk Industries - 9 months ago
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the...