UALR Functional Title
GREEN Center Manager / P98177
Physics & Astronomy Department
The GREEN Center Manager will primarily manage the activities of the GREEN Research Center for Nanoplasmonic Solar Cells, a research center that is part of Arkansas ASSET II program (Advancing and Supporting Science, Engineering, and Technology) which is funded by federal and state funding. This is a full-time twelve month non-classified position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the center director in daily operation of the center
- Assist in monthly and annual meetings, workshops, and other related scientific activities.
- Serve as financial coordinator in preparing budget and budget monitoring as needed, maintaining grant accounts and updating shadow books routinely, process purchasing requisitions, reconciliation and authorization for payment of invoices and other spending related to the center business.
- Work with faculty, students, agencies and public to maintain center’s research, education, and outreach activities.
- Assist in operation of GREEN mobile solar energy lab for outreach to K-12 and public, and participate in lab tours, open houses, and other public relations activities.
- Collect data from faculty, write reports, respond to requests inside and outside of center
- Assist in grant applications (proposal writing and editing), help with manuscript editing for publication.
- Update website, facebook and twitter accounts.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer skills, including e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation program.
- Ability to interact with people of diverse ethnic background.
- Communication skills, including public speaking.
- Good writing skills.
Required Education and/or Experience
A Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or Management or a related field.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
An MBA , science background, or experience in management will be given preference.
Background Check Requirements
03 - Criminal/Financial/Sex
Kneeling: Occasionally, Lifting 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Daily, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Walking - Short Distances: Daily
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, financial history and sex offender registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants