This position is a maximum of 28hrs a week from October to January.
The primary responsibility of the Group Leader is to lead the day-to-day shift activities of Timken Aerospace operations associates in order to meet customer demand. The Group Leader is responsible for carrying out the prime directives of a lean leader which include 1) guiding work teams to meet production demands through daily schedule attainment (Takt), 2) ensuring the safe, correct, and conscientious completion of work in a safe work environment through a 5S/Visual workplace 3) ensuring quality and value-added work is made by every process in manufacturing, design, administration, and service, 4) ensuring the on-time, correct, and complete delivery of parts, product, and services to the next process and customer, 5) Kaizen to reduce cost through elimination of waste, overburdening, and fluctuation in area of responsibility, 6) maintaining and improving the operational availability of equipment through 5S and designated maintenance tasks, and 7) building teamwork and maintaining team relations through professional challenges and educating associates.
The Group Leader provides leadership and direction to team & zone leaders as well as all operative associates in the work area/shift. The Group Leader ensures that associates in their work areas are involved and engaged in accomplishing the prime directives above.
1. Ensure team direction is aligned to plant KPI
's in safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and morale. Perform daily administration of resource allocation, time & attendance monitoring, daily problem resolution, daily log updates, checks of shift start-up and shift-end to ensure smooth production operations.
2. Communicate regularly with teams regarding customer production requirements and key issues effecting delivery including internal/external quality, equipment status/availability, resource availability. Hold regular team huddles (meetings), 1:1?s, and frequently walk-through work areas (MBWA).
3. Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety.
4. Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a lean culture in the facility. Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts.
5. Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal-setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training needs and assist in the delivery of associate training in order to meet customer expectations.
6. Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies and procedures. Demonstrate Timken’s core values and lead by example.
Production leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Working knowledge of safety regulations and/or OSHA requirements.
Technical aptitude and problem solving skills and the ability to train others.
Manufacturing experience preferred.
Organizational and time management skills.
Strong leadership, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal & written) including the willingness and desire to lead and develop others.
Intermediate PC skills (MS Office including Excel, databases).
Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Working knowledge of KRONOS is required.
Frequent walking, May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 lb.
High school or GED equivalent is required with 10 years of experience.
Associate degree in Manuf,Bus Admin,Eng/equiv with 8 years work experience.
Bachelors degree in Manuf,Bus Admin,Eng/equiv with 5-7 years work experience.
Timken Inc. - 8 months ago
The Timken Company keeps its bearings straight. The company makes bearings that find their way into products from consumer appliances to...