Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates a variety of motor coaches and/or shuttle buses in the Metropolitan Atlanta area
- Communicates any mechanical problems with the coach to supervisors and/or the garage to resolve the issue
- Checks each coach for safety related and other defects as required
- Works with a wide variety of people and be able to work with their needs and requests
- Resolves customer issues to their satisfaction with or without the assistance of the office
- Completes paperwork as prescribed by the company and Federal guidelines, including Daily Logs and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Reads and understands paperwork and notices that are given out for the driver's information
- Handles job-related stress that comes from customers, other drivers, management, etc., including last minute changes
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds at a time
- Must be able to sit, stand, squat, kneel and bend at any given time
- Must be able to travel on intra-state routes.
- Ability to work split shifts
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as occasional weekends, holidays, special days, etc.
- An employment application must be completed, signed & dated for further consideration
- All newly hired candidates will be subject to a 90-Day Probationary Period
- All Drivers must be able to pass a DOT physical that is given on an annual or random basis
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language
- Provide a completed employment application with 10 year work history
- Provide a current 7 year motor vehicle report that has no more than one serious violation (as defined by DOT) in the past three years and no more than four violations in the past seven years
- Must be 25 years old or older
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License with a Class A or B CDL, Passenger Endorsement and no air brake restrictions (if driving a vehicle with air brakes)
- Must possess negative drug or alcohol tests from previous employers
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug-screen
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass all American Coach Lines of Atlanta’s Safety & Training Programs
- Experience in the transportation industry
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.