Game Designer/Graphics Intern :
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
As a Game Designer / Graphics Intern, you will be responsible for the prototyping of new games to support our mobile learning initiatives and performance support applications for T-Mobile frontline employees and business partners. Additionally, you will provide graphics support for gaming and other learning programs as needed. You will collaborate with learning professionals, instructional designers and technology team to create design documents, develop prototypes and support the deployment of mobile learning applications and games. The Game Designer / Graphics Intern will also be responsible for the research and development around the use of gaming and mobile technologies for learning and performance support.
Position Duties and Responsibilites:
- Drive concepting, prototyping, and iteration of game designs for mobile learning
- Advocate for ease of use, re-playability, innovation, fun and effective support of learning objectives.
- Create and iterate gameplay prototypes with a high degree of independence
- Design and create the UI assets for mobile learning games and applications.
- Provide graphics support for team of Sr. Instructional Designers
Experience and Education:
A great fit for our team is someone who:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in computer science, graphic design, game design or relevant field.
- Strong game design skills
- Familiarity with online, web, and mobile technologies
- Strong UI design experience, as well as illustration or graphic design.
- Strong understanding of information flow and design.
- High proficiency in Photoshop or other Graphics application.
- Proficient with a rapid prototyping tool such as Flash
- Knowledge of HTML5 a strong plus.
- The ability to advocate for the end user
- Experience developing a game from concept through launch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Background of Candidates:
- Lives and breathes mobile phone technology and wants to create the next great app or service
- Has great ideas and gets things done
- Is excited about developing mobile learning and just-in-time performance support tools
- Is independent and self-motivated
- Is team player
- Enjoys working with and learning emerging technologies
- Has superstar programming skills
- Is detail oriented with good communication skills
Candidates should have background experience, skills, and/or education appropriate to position description. Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be currently enrolled in school or post graduation of six months. Background checks are required for interns. T-Mobile requires that individuals considered for internships are a minimum of 18 years of age and have the right to work in the United States.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Location: Bellevue, WA
- Timeframe: Summer 2012 (start May/June) for 10-14 weeks
Job Function: Sales Operations Services
Primary Location: WA-Bellevue WA
T-Mobile inspires every employee to make a difference for our customers, our team, and ourselves.
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of...