Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices via the Apple Store, Google Play and on the Web via Facebook, Yahoo, Kabam.com and other leading platforms. In 2013 Kabam revenues grew by 100 percent to more than $360 million. Kabam has 800 employees across three continents, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Google, Warner Brothers, MGM, SK Telecom, Intel, Canaan Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Pinnacle Ventures. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com .
About the Role :
Kabam is looking for a Game Designer to join our San Francisco game studio to design, optimize, and manage features and virtual economies. Our approach is highly data driven, focusing on the intersection between game design and analysis. We’re looking for someone who can understand both the art and the science of free-to-play gaming and apply that understanding to highly engaging and highly monetizing feature design. This individual should be comfortable querying databases, modeling player behavior, methodically dissecting game designs and coming up with creative design solutions. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills but also be passionate about building great games.
The team is working on one of Kabam’s newest franchises and is comprised of multiple industry veterans. They have a strong teamwork dynamic and appreciate cross discipline feedback and solutions to problems that come up through the creative process.
Day to Day :
Career Progression :
- Design, analyze, and optimize game systems, economics & mechanics.
- Work closely with Engineering and Art/Design to specify, launch and optimize features to improve the game’s engagement and monetization.
- Manage the execution of in-game events and programming to improve monetization, engagement and overall customer satisfaction.
- Analyze metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to derive insight on user trends and behavior.
This is a mid-level to senior-level position. The candidate who excels in this position could find their responsibilities grow within the team and also have the opportunity to work on future titles.
- 3+ years of MMO, mobile or social game development or web/mobile product management experience.
- 1-3 years of game design experience for a shipped product.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with an attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations.
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles.
- Experience working for a social or mobile game developer a plus.
- Proven track record in managing production.
- BA/BS degree from a top university; MBA preferred.
- Online game (MMO) production experience strongly preferred.
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision
- Stock Options
- 401k matching
- $250 annual gym reimbursement
- $1000 per year educational stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Team building events
- Complimentary daily catered lunch and dinner
- Tons of free snacks, drinks, etc.
We will assist with relocation for the right candidate.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
** Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S **
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and...