Game Programmer Co-op
Vicarious Visions (www.vvisions.com) has gained critical acclaim with hit games such as Guitar Hero®, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2®, and Skylanders®. Our games repeatedly push technical boundaries to deliver addictive, immersive gameplay and art that brings favorite characters and worlds to life. We are also home to the pioneering Intrinsic Alchemy® middleware technology and tools that are used to power hit titles across Activision and at other studios worldwide.
As a Game Programmer Co-op you will be a generalist technical contributor creating new games for existing or new Activision franchises. While working on a team with engineers, artists and designers, you will be expected to demonstrate strong self-initiative and come up to speed quickly.
Possible platforms include all major consoles, handheld and mobile devices. The Co-op lasts for 6-8 months depending on availability and need.
- Implement and debug software in C++ and other languages.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Follow group standards and best practices.
- Work under the direction of senior engineers and seek guidance when working in new areas.
- Participate in a multi-discipline development team using the Scrum process.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design and audio.
- Document completed designs, tools, and code.
Applicants must provide a coding sample, preferably showing a small but complete game project, and take a short technical test.
- Recently completed or currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Current students must be in the last year of study.
- Experience developing games for personal or class projects.
- Very strong aptitude in C++.
- Strong aptitude in math.
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
- A passion for developing high quality games.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life. Please apply at
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
United States-New York-Albany
Activision - 24 months ago