Gas Accounting Specialist
TX - Dallas
Store Support Center-Corporate
2 - 5 years
The position will be responsible for applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to a variety of business issues in 7-Eleven's retail and wholesale fuel businesses. Relevant accounting topics include inventory valuation, liability completeness, and expense recognition. On occasion this position may be asked to significantly contribute to special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform inventory accounting functions including research and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts including: inventory, shortage, costs and sales.
• Review and enter gasoline inventory trends, costs and profits to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors daily regarding gasoline inventory and gross profit questions, making corrections as needed.
• Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet flux analysis, and account reconciliations in compliance with GAAP and company policies.
• Respond to monthly, quarterly, and annual audit requests from internal and external auditors. Maintain process flow documentation to aid in SOX compliance.
• Perform first-level quality assurance review of research and documentation performed by non-exempt staff to explain transactions that fall outside normal parameters.
• Provide escalation and back-up support to non-exempt staff. Participate in special projects as directed.
Education: High School plus Equivalent Experience or Bachelors /4 Yr. Degree
Experience: 2+ years, GAAP, EDI, Accounting Systems.
The position also requires strong computer skills. Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word and Excel) are heavily used.
Knowledge of accounting systems and database concepts is a plus
Strong organizational skills are required to identify and prioritize deadlines across multiple assignments
7-Eleven - 8 months ago
"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American...