Objective: Reporting to the Manager of Gas Scheduling, the Gas Scheduler provides direction on how to restrict the pipeline, communicates with Gas Control regarding the day to day transactions so that the pipeline can be setup accordingly to meet customer requests, and communicate with external customers regarding operations (i.e. restrictions, maintenance impact, OFOs, etc).
Major Functions and Scope:
- Provides direction on how to restrict the pipeline, communicates with Gas Control regarding day to day transactions so that the pipeline can be setup accordingly to meet customer requests and communicates with external customers regarding operations (i.e. restrictions, maintenance impacts, OFOs, etc.).
- Customer service activities include nominations, confirmations, allocations, and monitoring customer imbalance and penalties.
- Monitors critical pipeline points on the TGGT systems to determine if nominations exceed available capacity and developing strategies for managing commercial and customer activity.
- Act as liaison between TGGT and up and down stream customers.
- Monitor EBB’s for assigned pipeline and/or region (systems).
- Provide assistance to back office during monthly reconciliation and closing activities including providing all necessary reports and statements to support billing and payments.
- Verify and validate accuracy of all pipeline/producer statements and resolving discrepancies as required.
- Provide operational reports regarding daily activity and gas balance including a daily imbalance report.
- Provide special reports to internal personnel as requested.
- Participate in professional societies and activities related to the gas industry in Texas and Louisiana.
- Stay current of industry news via publications and professional networks.
- Maintain a detailed front office policies / procedures handbook for assigned area of remit.
- Manage relationships with joint venture partners.
- Hold a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree is required. Finance, Accounting or General Business degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in oil and gas industry preferred.
- Direct commercial experience with a midstream asset, merchant energy company, producer or inter/intrastate pipeline preferred.
- Contract negotiation, credit management and risk mitigation experience preferred.
- Experience implementing gas marketing and/or gas management software preferred.
- Proficiency in computer programs including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling and data manipulation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be very flexible and adjust to changing priorities and direction at short notice.
- Must be able to understand producer’s requests, complaints and ideas with the ability to provide excellent customer service while maintaining company priorities.
- Understanding of business transactions that occur in the oil and gas industry.
- Perform at a high level with minimum supervision.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to perform well with a diverse, multi-function team.
EXCO Resources - 18 months ago