At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
WMRS - ANR Pipe
CO-OP / INTERN STUDENT OPPORTUNITY - 1 position, 4 month term, May - August 2013.
This position will be in TransCanada's Blue Lake / Cold Springs Storage Complex office near Mancelona, Michigan. The work will consist of both office and some field duties. The internship is offered for the summer of 2013, with a general time window of May through August inclusive; specific start and end dates are somewhat negotiable depending on the student's academic calendar.
This is a summer intern position to support the surface facilities engineering activities associated with the Company's natural gas storage operations in Michigan.
Primary job tasks will include assisting with the following:
- developing engineering drawing red-lines and as-builts
- assembling data and performing assessments of gas conditioning systems
- evaluating project alternatives using company's investment valuation model
- supporting the construction phase of company gas conditioning projects
- organizing gas conditioning facility records and developing record data bases
Education and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a student who has completed their junior year of college and is entering their final year of study in pursuit of a Bachelor of Science degree in chemical, mechanical or natural gas engineering.
The candidate must have a strong academic background including one year each of college chemistry, physics, and math, with engineering mechanics courses; Position specific skills will be developed through mentoring and task assignments.
Good written and verbal communication skills are required, as are good computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
The candidate must also be:
- Enrolled in a Coop or Internship Program through a post-secondary institution;
- Highly motivated by work and safety and looks to improve processes in both areas;
- A self starter able to think quickly and make sound decisions;
- Able to multi-task and work with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Analytical, able to prepare and present comparisons and consider alternatives;
- Able to accept constructive criticism;
- A hard worker with good habits and attitudes (punctual, work extra hours if required);
- Able to provide their own transportation to and from the work location as there is no public transport available.
This position is safety sensitive and requires candidates to successfully complete a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.
Interns selected for this position will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing program randomly during the term of the internship, after an accident and for reasonable cause.
Please apply to this posting by March 1,2013.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50583781-01 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 14 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...