The position is within the front office, working to develop a suite of analytical tools supporting Noble’s North American NatGas and Power group.
You will own, manage and enhance an existing in-house developed Java platform that scrapes data from external sources and presents analysis to the business users through Java Swing, Excel and web apps.
In addition you will manage and support existing databases and develop new databases.
The platform is being developed from a shared codebase. You will work with other experienced Java developers who are developing similar tools for other commodity trading desks within Noble.
You will report to both an analyst in the business and an IT manager so you will gain excellent insight into the world of commodities as well as receiving support from fellow developers in the IT team.
The position will be based in Noble’s office in Stamford, Connecticut.
This is an excellent opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic developer interested in working hands on in a fast paced commodities trading environment.
Examples of work involved:
- Writing realtime data feeds from various sources
- Downloading and submitting data to ISO’s
- Developing analytical applications and spreadsheets used by the front office
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics is required
- Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of experience as a Software or Front Office Java Developer
- Candidates must successfully pass a Java Developer test
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated with an ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and to multitask to meet competing deadlines
- Leads, engages and motivates individuals and teams
- Communicates a clear direction
- Contributes personal expertise to others
- Proven people management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Promotes timely flow of information
Conceptual and Intellectual
- Ability to visualize the future business and identifies opportunities
- Identifies trends, and has the ability to see both the big picture but also understands the details
- Demonstrates cultural versatility and awareness
- Anticipates and prepares for change
Business and Commercial Acumen
- Demonstrates professional expertise
- Improves existing processes and or introduces new methods including best practices
- Ability to make timely and difficult decisions when required
- Take informed calculated risks
- Ability to use resources efficiently
- Follows through to deliver results
- Proactive, drives projects, processes and people to deliver results
Client Focus / External stakeholders
- Strong client orientation
- Understands and responds appropriately to client’s needs
- Works to deliver high quality service
Integrity and Values
- Takes ownership of own decisions and actions – successes and mistakes
- Acts as a role model – talks the talk, and walks the walk, practice what they preach
- Communicates and instills Noble culture and values
- Promotes and advocates integrity
- Proven working experience with Java, SQL and C#
- Experience with Cassandra desirable
- Particular interest will be given to individuals familiar with electricity and/or natural gas markets
- Ideal candidates will come out of Financial Services or Software Development environments
Noble Group Limited - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -