This is a journey level nonexempt position and works under general supervision. Gauges and tests products at system entry, exit points or tankage/storage in coordination with customer/supplier representative. Completes receipt or delivery records and maintains records of results for district reports. Performs routine site activities such as adjusting flow or pressure and noting maintenance needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make safety a top priority each day. Insure compliance with Crude/Hiland Manuals and policies.
- Make environmental integrity a priority each day.
- Gauge, sample, and carefully record all pertinent information needed in the custody transfer of oil from a sales tank to the pipeline.
- Ensure the oil meets minimum requirements before purchasing by performing all necessary steps outlined in the Hiland Crude gauging manual.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Gain/Loss issues on the system, seeking fair volume assessments at all locations.
- Service and maintain field pumps and LACT units. Keep locations clean.
- Daily observe any traveled section of the pipeline for leaks, line markers, and needed maintenance.
- Report all leaks to your supervisor immediately. Report any needed repairs to the supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Keep company vehicles, field equipment, stations, and shop areas clean, serviced, and organized.
- Inspect construction projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep all paperwork and documentation required up to date and complete.
- Work with customers and fellow employees to provide excellent customer service.
- During “on call” status, individual need to have cell phone with them at all times. Timely responses are essential.
High School degree or equivalent. Follows company policies, practices, and regulatory requirements