Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a General Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting Department in Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Heavy involvement in monthly close process, including journal entries and account reconciliations
• Responsible for the oversight of financial results of assigned plants
• Assist plant management in understanding monthly financial results
• Assist plant in researching and resolving financial issues
• Assist in internal management reporting and analysis
• Development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures
• Work on other special projects, as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Accounting
• CPA certification required
• 1-3 years of monthly financial close experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
Ryerson - 17 months ago
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...