General Accounting-Financial Systems Analyst
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC General Accounting
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
Support the MSC Accounting Services team and Deployment functions as new Health Ministries and clients roll into the Ministry Service Center platform. Needs to have the ability to work with IT Application and Developers to help translate business needs into functional requirements. Ensure process control, quality, efficiency, improvements and performance through reviewing existing system settings and processes. Enhance end-user satisfaction by ensuring that all concerns are handled effectively and act as a liaison through production support activities.
Education & Experience:
- Review General Ledger setup and sub-modules to identify control gaps and continuous improvement projects.
- Able to work independently and proactively manage responsibilities to completion; Provide direction for implementation to team members, ensuring that constant communication and coordination is prevalent within the team; review key performance indicators with management team and assess impact of processes and recommendations.
- Ability to review and create Function Design Documents and translate requires into Technical Design Documents.
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center, health ministries and Symphony to communicate effectively and to ensure a coordinated and cohesive work effort.
- Understand and apply functional processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards; Provide process review and improvements such that health ministries, shared service area leaders, Symphony and Ministry Service Center Associates can effective use and implement.
- Assist in client lead projects that involve Accounting Services and coordinate all cutover activities to ensure completion by team members.
- Primary representative for functional escalations to the Accounting Services team from both internal and external parties and system office on process risks and defects.
- Support Accounting Managers and Directors as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Level Degree, BS, Accounting, Information systems or similar, and 7-10 years related experience. Equivalent experience will substitute for an Accounting degree.
- Ability to work with various Accounting managers to understand and develop solutions to address business needs
- Technically proficient with Financial Systems setup and configuration
- Able to lead project and production support work groups
- Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role preferred Knowledge of PSFT nVision, Query & Relational Data structures (SQL) knowledge a plus)
- Minimum of Four years working experience within the Accounting Function.
- Experience working with ERP Accounts Payable and/or Procurement module(s)
- Experience with Inventory, PO’s, General Accounting, Cash and Cost Accounting are all a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health - 23 months ago