General Manufacturing Laborers Needed!
Do you have experience working in a heavy manufacturing facility or a box plant? Do you enjoy working with others to exceed production goals? Would you like to work for a great company that gives back to its employees and values individuals who take initiative?
If so, you may want to learn more about job opportunities with KapStone Container!
Who We Are:
KapStone Container Corporation is located just north of the Twin Cities/Metro Area in Fridley, MN. We are a manufacturing facility that produces corrugated boards which we then use to make shipping containers (boxes). Our in-house printing, design and display creation capabilities separate us from our competitors and make us one of the best businesses in the industry. This, along with our commitment to excellence, quality and customer service, is the reason we are used by major companies across the Midwest.
Benefits of Working for Us:
• Base rates up to $21.07 in production, $25.77 in maintenance
• General Laborer rate: $17.31 after completing 30 days of service – starting rate is $14.57
• Additional pay for working 2nd or 3rd shift
• Annual pay increases
• 11 paid holidays
• Earn up to 4 weeks of vacation
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Financial, Health and Wellness Programs available to eligible employees including:
401(k), Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance and more!
Interested in joining the team?
Here’s what you need to know before you apply:
Preference will be given to applicants with relevant industry knowledge such as:
• clamp and/or forklift experience
• leadership skills
• computerized print, flexo and die cut machines
• corrugator machines
• machine operator experience
• 2+ years of higher education in a related field
• 2+ years of military service in a related field
Applicants need to possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered:
• A general understanding of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of quality assurance principles
• Willingness to follow work rules and procedures especially in regards to safety, quality and attendance
• A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality or other production issues arise
• Ability to read and understand production specifications
• Strong reasoning and problem solving skills
• General computer skills such as the ability to navigate through program screens
• Willingness to take initiative, learn new skills and help team members
Applicants for this position must be:
• Willing to work any of our three shifts which generally run from approximately 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
• Willing to work mandatory overtime and weekends, as needed
• Able to safely maneuver around our machines – some of which are in tight quarters
Candidates who meet the above listed qualifications will be required to take our general aptitude tests and must achieve the minimum required test scores to qualify for a formal interview.
Ready to apply?
Here’s your first test, follow the instructions below!
Are you on the KapStone Paper Careers Website?
Then simply click on the “Apply Online” link in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Checking us out from another site?
Use the link below to go directly to the KapStone job description, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Apply Online” link in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Note to applicants: Effective 1/1/2014, please do not answer any questions related to your criminal history during the initial application process. Any answers to any questions pertaining to criminal background will not be reviewed or considered during the initial application process however employer policy or the law may disqualify applicants with certain backgrounds from particular positions.
Kapstone Paper and Packaging - 11 months ago
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...