EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
ECHOSTAR is hiring a Staff Accountant to assist in accurate and timely financial reporting and accounting services for a variety of entities, requiring the application of operational, accounting and financial concepts. This person will be an integral part of the team.
- Responsible for the corporate accounting of various entities, including managing the monthly close, quarterly close and annual close for the entities
- Review financial statements on a monthly basis and produce variance analysis reports for management’s review
- Prepare month-end journal entries
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Develop or modify internal processes and procedures to create efficiencies
- Analyze reports, records, and financial data
- Organize files and records in an efficient manner
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of related general ledger accounting experience
- Experience with Excel
- Has working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of accounting.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – able to communicate and establish working relationships with other departments and personnel; capable of drafting and organizing substantial documents.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, mathematical calculations and formulas associated with the calculations.
- Ability to excel within time constraints and rapid turnaround situations.
- Strives to achieve effective performance within the team, working for the overall success of the company.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge as it relates to accounting and financial matters
- Strong analytical ability, good organization skills, excellent time management skills
- Corporate accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
EchoStar - 2 years ago
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar), formerly EchoStar Holding Corporation, will operate two primary businesses: digital set-top box business...