The General Manager is responsible for achieving the
store’s sales and earnings plan. The General Manager is
also responsible for clearly defining the roles,
responsibilities and requirements for their direct
reports and hold each accountable by setting specific
performance expectations, personally following-up, and
giving consistent and candid feedback.
• Responsible for building functional capability and
competency in all areas of the store’s activities,
operations, and initiatives.
• Building talent through identification, acquisition
and development of strong performers at all levels
(executive and associates, selling and support).
• Building the brand through complete and consistent
in-store execution of all initiatives and programs.
• Achieve and maintain full knowledge and competency in
all areas of store execution requirements and standards.
• Responsible for communicating key initiatives,
directions and required actions.
• Ensure successful execution by being involved at every
stage of a project.
• Analyze business results to identify, create and
execute actions to improve performance.
• Manage expense to guideline through controlling
staffing hours, payroll and wage.
• Responsible for driving Credit, Gift Cards, Telephone
Append and E-mail Capture programs to meet or beat the
• Clearly identify executives and associates who exceed
our standards, those who can be developed to assume more
responsibility or promotion, and those who require
action to meet standards.
• Responsible for building a succession plan.
• Coach executives and associates to enhance and improve
their skills and overall performance.
• Responsible for generating in-store excitement through
distinctive Branding, Merchandising and Visual
• University or College degree in Business, Retail
Management or related field
• Minimum of 7+ years of retail management experience
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Great Communication skills
• Ability to mentor and coach staff
• Goal oriented
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Creative thinker
Note: Only applications submitted online will be
Lord and Taylor welcomes all applicants for this
position; however only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.