Volvo Penta, Region Americas recently implemented a new sales and marketing structure in order to capture the growth opportunities in South America. The General Manager is responsible for supporting marketing, sales and aftermarket activities in South America, as well as implementing the overall business strategy. This position is located in Curitiba, Brazil.
Special focus should be given to grow the Industrial segment besides the already strong presence in the Marine segment by providing, support, direction and coaching to the commercial team leaders.
The position holder reports to the President, Volvo Penta Region Americas and is a member of the Region Americas Executive Management team.
- Support the development and growth of the South America Volvo Penta business
- Provide leadership, direction and support for the day to day operations of VPA’s South America (VPA-SA) operations
- Support the commercial leaders in achieving their goals
- Work with the leads for Marine, Industrial and Aftermarket to ensure alignment with the overall strategic direction and profitability of Volvo Penta South America
- As a member of executive management team, actively contribute in developing and executing Region America’s South America overall business strategy
- Drive the Penta business in South America, develop and execute long term and short term sales and marketing plans
- Responsible for the overall development of strategies, budgets, programs/plans, and reports directly to the President, Volvo Penta Region Americas.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relations Ensure a high performing organization: motivating and developing people in a culturally diverse environment
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong commercial and customer focus combined with proven ability to successfully manage Sales and Marketing activities
- Experienced, professional leader who understands the business complexity and cultural diversity in order to bring alignment and achievement of goals
- A team player with high overall business understanding
- Experienced and successful leader in a global context with good understanding and acceptance for other cultures
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills Ability to transfer knowledge and develop direct reports
- Academic degree at university level or equivalent background
- Excellent command in English, both written and spoken.
- Portuguese and Spanish preferred
- Travel required
Volvo Group - 10 months ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...