Summary of Position:
At Johnny Rockets, we pride ourselves on creating a fun and energetic workplace that sparkles with flair and excites the senses! For people who need a break from the typical take-a-number, hurry-up fast food mentality, Johnny Rockets is the All-American hometown hamburger and malt shop that brings back the service, basic values and optimism that are all too rare these days.
As a General Manager, you will be responsible for the Restaurant’s sales and profitability results through effective people and performance management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve restaurant unit financial plan, including P&L and inventory management.
- Model superior Guest service skills for all staff to follow.
- Manage the team to ensure that not only is their job performed properly, but also they are managed in a positive manner that results in a great guest experience.
- Build Guest loyalty to ensure repeat guests.
- Drive profitability of the restaurant through positive management of food and labor.
- Ensure all people and profit systems are utilized on a consistent basis.
- Handle Guest concerns “right here and now.” Each Guest transaction must be handled in a way that spreads Johnny Rockets’ reputation in a positive manner.
- Ensure the Guest Promise is being followed by every crew member on every shift.
- Evaluate the local market to come up with Local Store Marketing/Communications plans to support restaurant sales growth.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude toward Guests and team members. This is a service position meaning that you always service either an internal or external customer.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise up to 20 team members (shift size varies). Responsible for the overall development and evaluation of team members.
- Constantly scout and hire great talent; continuously recognize and develop this talent.
- Onboarding and training of newly hired team members.
- Handle all employee relations issues including discipline and documentation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years’ related restaurant management experience. ServSafe or Food Safety Certification required. Knowledge of Aloha and MenuLink systems a plus.
Johnny Rockets is an equal opportunity employer that believes in having fun!
Johnny Rockets is an international restaurant chain that provides the food, fun and friendliness reminiscent of feel-good Americana. We...