POSITION: General Manager-Construction (Wireless
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
LOCATION: Columbia, MO
A leading manufacturer of wireless communication towers
has an immediate opening for a General
Manger-Construction. Reporting to the Vice President of
Operations, the GM-Construction represents the Company
as the expert on construction issues relating to
construction (installation) of the Company’s wireless
communication towers. The GM-Construction has overall
responsibility for all aspects of the Company’s
construction services, including overseeing the
preparation of bids/quotes, hiring/managing the
company’s Project Managers and other construction staff;
selecting/contracting with reputable subcontractors and
OEM installers; completing projects on-time/on-budget;
and providing excellent and timely service to clients
and their representatives.
· Ensure construction projects are completed according
to mutually agreed-upon timelines of clients and
Company, and in accordance with Company policies,
procedures, and construction standards.
· Visit construction sites, as appropriate, for
pre-construction inspections to confirm bids/quotes are
comprehensive, and conduct site visits during
construction and post-construction.
· Ensure accurate and complete records are maintained
for projects and appropriate closeout documents are
distributed in a timely manner in accordance with
corporate and customer standards.
· Act as the Company’s safety observer while at sites to
ensure compliance with the Company’s safety program.
· Prepare budgets; develop and manage construction
schedules; create scopes of work and RFQs; conduct
competitive bidding; award contracts; and supervise
subcontractors. Use knowledge of prevailing rates for
all tower and ground work and ensure the Company is
receiving competitive rates from subcontractors.
· Degree in construction management preferred or
· Five to eight years of experience in cellular tower
construction at the Project Manager or higher level.
· Ability to develop and manage budgets.
· Knowledge of the construction marketplace, including
having relationships with qualified, quality
subcontractors and specialty contractors.
· Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures,
including regulatory and permitting processes.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints.
· Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems,
critical paths and institute remedies.
· Customer service orientation with a strong problem
solving approach - strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills - MS office and project
management software knowledge.
· Ability to travel to project sites with exposure to
heavy equipment and environmental conditions.
Base salary of $90,000 with bonus potential up to 50
percent of base. Full benefit package. Relocation
allowance may be offered as appropriate.