ELP - General Manager - ELP
posted on: Tuesday, January 29 2013
Full Time, Salary / El Paso, TX
PrimeFlight Aviation Services is seeking a General Manager for the El Paso Airport. The salary rage for this position is $39,000-$41,000.
Job Title: General Manager, Airport Operations
The General Manager must possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, partnering with senior management, and is accountable for:
• Managing the day to day activities of the operation, prioritizing workplace safety
• Financial performance of location
• Operational performance of location
• Client relationships & Contract retention
• Developing and implementing strategies, processes and procedures that will effectively influence company profitability
• Achieving monthly performance goals
• Identifying and securing new business opportunities
• Recruit, Interview and Hire hourly employees as required
• Being a positive role model to all personnel
Advise, consult, and coordinate with:
• Division Vice President
• Corporate Controller
• Corporate Staff and Field Support staff
• Market Development VP and Directors
• Vice President of Staffing
• Vice President of Training and Quality Assurance
• Clients & Vendors
• Oversee the financial and operational performance of the location.
• Foster a safe working environment. Hold employees accountable for safety audit performance.
• Meet administrative requirements as established.
• Monitor and record performance and report on an annual basis.
• Work with Sales, Regional Vice President, and Controller to develop competitive bids for new business.
• Coordinate new account start-ups.
• Resolve service issues in problem areas to ensure contract retention.
• Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage assigned personnel. Personnel duties include:
o Maintain a qualified staff.
o Communicate areas of accountability and performance expectations to assigned personnel.
o Determine standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel.
o Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
o Ensure proper training of assigned personnel.
o Foster a safe, cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity.
• Manage fee-for-service operations, including cash handling and accountability procedures that may be required.
• Adapt to, positively adopt and promote any changes in corporate policy and procedures.
• Directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 18 years of age
• Have ability to demonstrate daily a fitness for duty without any impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• Reliable transportation
• Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
• Eligible to work in the United States
Associate’s degree. High school diploma or equivalent may be substituted with four years relevant experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to understand and analyze financial operations, profit and loss statements, customer invoices, and other mathematical functions necessary to managing the airport operation.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, Online Timekeeping and Outlook, sufficient to write letters, organize schedules, and perform other tasks related to payroll and operations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
Direct or indirect supervision of all on-site PrimeFlight personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand and walk
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
PrimeFlight Aviation - 17 months ago