We are looking for General Manager to run and manage OnLive’s Games business. The General Manager will have P&L responsibility, provide strategic leadership and manage marketing, product, business development, sales, and implementation. This position reports directly to the CEO.
OnLive, after its recent restructuring, is funded by Lauder Partners, whose principal Gary Lauder, serves as Chairman of OnLive.
- Manage the entirety of the OnLive Gaming Service and platform.
- Serve as the Senior Leader to manage the relationships with game publishing partners, service providers, wholesale and retail distributors of the games service
- Develop, plan and execute the customer acquisition strategies, both direct and indirect
- Manage, hire and develop the marketing and product teams to execute against these strategies and to establish a healthily business model
- Develop an appropriate blend of online and offline marketing while determining from scratch the most effective ways to market this service
- Plan and develop various product definitions, strategies, packaging methodologies for the service and content offers
- Market to position and promote OnLive’s current standing as the lead player in the cloud gaming space and develop relationships with distributors, retailers and partners for the service
- Bring a high degree of innovation, energy, and focus to the creation of a powerful brand presence that will support significant expansion
- Consistently expand OnLive’s content partner base through marketing OnLive to game developers and establishing new partnerships with games publishers
- Ensure all forms of communication deliver a message consistent with OnLive’s image as a unquestionable leader in an innovative and disruptive field
- Prior success in customer acquisition activities through the most effective and appropriate channels, whether they be web-related , retail or direct
- Experience in customer acquisition within realm of new or emerging technologies
- A background in media and consumer technology/technology enabled services.
- Knowledge of how to measure and work with analytics
- A proven track record in hiring great people and creating winning teams
- Experience working with consumer products
- Familiarity and experience with “online community” world – and how to build and operate effectively within that world
- Experience working inside a company that gathers, maintains and protects consumer data
- Experience in general management, profit and loss responsibilities
- Experience in product development and management
- Experience in management of relationships with consumer electronics, hardware, packaged games or software
- Games, entertainment, cloud and media experience
- Built a successful start-up new product/new technology
- International experience is a plus