DISH Media Sales, the advertising sales division of DISH Network, provides smart, cost-effective media solutions that complement those of traditional national cable. Headquartered in New York, DISH Media Sales is part of the DISH Network family committed to offering the highest-quality entertainment and most advanced technology all at an unbeatable value.
DISH’s Media Sales team is an innovative, passionate and fun group working hard and finding reward in radically changing TV advertising.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The General Manager, Pricing and Inventory will help to continue to lead the media sales transformation. This person will own many facets of the daily operation of the department and set strategic pricing and packaging solutions for the sales team. The person will act as an expert with ad sales systems and as liaison between the vendor and IT when necessary. The position will also be responsible for owning and managing key contracts such as MSA.
- Train current and incoming staff to ensure they reach their full potential
- Set and implement sales guidelines and procedures that will effectively manage yield while maintaining flexibility
- Help to create ad sales budget
- Own ad sales reporting such as pacing reports and KPIs
- Work with inventory and pricing managers to effectively optimize both short term and long term goals
- Partner with research manager on creating selling estimates and create and manage the stewardship process for both general market and direct response advertisers
- Create inventory strategy for traditional, digital and addressable inventory
- Manage expectations of the sales team to ensure each competing party is in positive position to meet or exceed goals
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful General Manager of Pricing & Inventory will have the following:
- At least 7 years of experience within pricing and planning
- At least 2 years of supervisory/manager experience
- Eagerness to learn new facets of the media business
- Digital experience a plus
- Both analytical and flexible with the ability to work in a sales environment
DISH - 7 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...