1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
2. 3+ years’ experience in a Health Club / Fitness facility preferred
3. 3-5 years’ experience working directly with customers and delivering high-satisfaction rates
4. 3+ years management experience leading supervisory and multi-department teams
5. Experience with financial reporting and reconciliation (budgets, profit & loss statements specifically)
6. 2+ years in a sales-driven environment, with a proven track record of improving sales year-over-year
7. Current CPR certification or ability to pass CPR certification within 60 days of hire date.
8. Proficiency with MS Office
9. Experienced at monitoring progress; taking corrective action
10. Ability to discern when to seek counsel when position, knowledge or confidence warrant assistance or approval.
11. Outstanding organization and time management skills
12. Ability quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, needs and expectations
13. Bilingual skills a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide Inspirational Leadership
2. Identify talents/skills – interview, hire, redirect.
3. Organize schedule to meet essential duties and responsibilities.
4. Establish and attain S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely).
5. Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
6. Analyze reports, data, systems, facilities – make recommendations or take action as needed.
7. Stay current with company, industry, leadership, and management best practices – seek opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
8. Must demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well with all parties
The General Manager (GM) drives outstanding results at our core competencies: selling memberships and providing excellent member service by exceeding expectations. The GM should think of a club as his/her business and is responsible for the results in his/her club and contributing to the company’s overall success. Outstanding results include the following:
1. Provide outstanding service, great amenities and clean facilities to our members every day;
2. Ensure his/her club is recognized as the best club providing the best value and best offerings in that market;
3. Exceed new membership sales goals each month;
4. Reduce attrition year-over-year;
5. Achieve net membership growth and Net EFT growth each month;
6. Surpass budgeted EBITDA each month by exceeding sales, improving retention and controlling costs; and MOST IMPORTANTLY - Successfully recruit, train and retain great employees and great leaders and make sure our clubs are a fun, professional and productive place to work.