Associated Spring has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced and accomplished business leader to play an integral role in directing and executing our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of accomplishments, understand the business implications of decisions and display an orientation toward profitability. He or she should have a proactive management approach, the willingness to “lead by example” and the ability to champion and lead change initiatives for the betterment of the business and organization. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Provides leadership, plans, directs and executes all manufacturing activities for Associated Spring North America operations. Effectively manages operating costs, product quality, health and safety, and delivery performance to achieve and surpass established goals and objectives. Plans, leads and directs the manufacturing operations at the lowest cost consistent with established operating metrics/goals. Effectively integrates manufacturing, materials and maintenance functions ensuring processes result in high quality throughput.
- Provide leadership and direction in strategically focusing the Company’s business, to achieve short and long-term growth and profit goals. Develop and integrate plans and strategies into the global business strategies of Associated Spring and Barnes Group to maximize profits, optimize yield on invested capital and increase profitability and growth.
- Drive the Associated Spring technology forward and ensure its products, manufacturing capabilities, processes, and practices are properly aligned to serve its’ targeted markets and customer base.
- Conceptualize, formulate, develop and execute a comprehensive business strategy that will guide/direct the business in maintaining and improving its’ competitive position and will lead to increased revenues and earnings.
- Assess each operation’s systems, equipment and management team, seeking opportunities for improvement. Rationalize and maximize the business’ manufacturing capacity and performance through data driven approaches employing lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training and motivation of all personnel. Develops management and supervisory talents necessary to obtain short and long-term goals by effective direction, counseling and training according to overall succession and manpower plan.
- Partners with AS and BGI Senior management on the development and implementation of the AS Labor Relations strategy (i.e., negotiations, etc.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Minimum of ten (10)+ years’ experience with increasing responsibility and success in manufacturing environments, including a minimum of five years of P&L responsibility.
- A demonstrated track record of success in managing business units with multiple-location sourcing and manufacturing operations.
- Strong Project Management skills essential.
- Experienced in lean manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques and other management improvement systems.
- Possesses a good understanding of strategic planning, the budgeting process, financial and operating controls, sales & marketing techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results. Proven performance; exceeding customer service and profitability objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (EI). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with demonstrated accomplishments. Proven performance of setting and exceeding customer service.
- Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results
- Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and/or Six Sigma training preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is required. MS or MBA degree preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.