Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
General Manager - Phoenix Division Office
Basic Function: Assures territory of agencies achieve growth and profitability expectations through developing, coordinating, measuring, and implementing effective sales, service, recruitment, selection and training strategies and programs. Travel up to 66% of the time.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assures territory achieves targeted growth through effective interviewing, selecting, and training; monitoring, managing and appraising performance. Assures appropriate development of a professional sales and management staff. Develops and implements prospecting and retention programs, succession planning, and mentoring and career counseling relationships with other GMs, ASMs, and agents.
2. Assures territory achieves targeted net first year commission (NFYC) and annual new business premium (ANBP) through developing and implementing sales, marketing and field service strategies. Designs and manages the territory to ensure sales and persistency requirements, customer focus, product mix, geographic coverage and presence, position within the market and target markets, and budget goals for the central and any satellite offices are met.
3. Assures territories compliance with state, federal and corporate requirements. Assures territories compliance with applicable statutes, rules and regulations regarding sales practices, licensing and producer activity. Assures physical working environments are appropriately sized based on agencies and in compliance with safety laws and company policies.
4. Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with Agency Sales Home Office and Field staff, Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Customer Service and other support areas to achieve revenue, sales, customer growth, and profit goals for the territory; facilitates the accurate identification and resolution of problems; and participates in and supports Company initiatives.
5. Professionally represents Mutual of Omaha in local community, insurance industry and professional associations. Maintains a high level of prominence in the local community and association activities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Broad and seasoned experience in insurance industry with in-depth knowledge of insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel; management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals, state and federal legislation
2. Proven sales and management experience in an Agency Sales distribution
3. Strong leadership, communication, judgment, and strategic planning with prudent risk taking abilities
4. Ability to persuade, convince, influence and impress others to gain support and the ability to teach or foster development in others
5. Strong employee and agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills
6. Must possess or attain Series 6 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Representative) and where applicable, Series 63 (Uniform Securities State Law Exam) registrations within 90 days of placement in the Position
7. Must possess or attain Series 26 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Principal) within 90 days of appointment or within 90 days of receiving Securities License (S6 & S63)
8. Ability to travel up to 70% of the work period (which may include some overnight) and a valid driver's license
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Current license or ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency
2. Detailed product knowledge with LADL (life, annuity, disability and long term care insurance products) expertise
3. Proficiency in applicable software and technology
Physical Requirements for the Essential Job Functions:
Key-boarding/Writing/Pinching (working primarily with fingers) 1-33% of the time
Handling (working primarily with hands such as grasping, turning, sorting) 34-66% of the time
Paced Work (physical productivity/quota demands) 1-33% of the time
Static reaching (working with elbows away from body) 1-33% of the time
Sitting 34-66% of the time
Standing/Walking 34-66% of the time
Bending/Stooping 1-33% of the time
Talking (required use of voice) 34-66% of the time
Near Vision - Visual Acuity at 20 inches or less 34-66% of the time
Far Vision - Visual Acuity at 20 feet or more 34-66% of the time
Hearing 34-66% of the time
Travel > 66% of the time
Operating a Motor Vehicle 1-33% of the time
Lifting/Carrying at 10-19 lbs, 1-32 reps per day / or 1-33%
Mutual of Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more than 100 years, Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families strive to reach their financial goals and plan for a secure future....