The Management Trust
Springfield at Whitney Oaks, Rocklin, CA
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually, and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment, and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
The General Manager of the Springfield at Whitney Oaks Home Owners Association acts under the direction of the Board of Directors and in accordance with The Management Trust Agreement. The General Manager must have strong leadership skills and a comprehensive knowledge of Association Governing Documents and Board Governance practices. Must be highly skilled in public relations, contract negotiations and compliance, and have a facilities management background. The General Manager must be one who proactively produces an organization that is forward thinking, anticipatory of cause and effect, and effectively execute job duties in an efficient, professional and ethical manner.
- Provide personnel leadership by developing a management plan, developing staff, and setting job responsibilities and goals for the team.
- Administrative management of all correspondence and communications, board requests, office operations, and contracted work.
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Manage all vendor relationships ensuring contractors/vendors are meeting obligations.
- Must ensure timely, accurate and complete accounting reports, services and programs as set forth in the Management Agreement.
- Maintenance management including assessment of damaged property, condition of common areas, investigate unsafe practices and conditions and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Meet with homeowners regarding issues and manage to best resolution by partnering with HOA Legal Counsel, Board of Directors and any other relevant corporate interface.
- Perform all other duties, responsibilities and projects deemed necessary by the management.
- The General Manager enforces compliance with the Rules and Regulations relative to the operation, use and occupancy of the property.
- Maintains a cordial relationship with owners, tenants, contractors, vendors and employees.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the residents, visitors, contractors, vendors and employees is required.
- On-call to the Board of Directors 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, to supervise operational issues and emergencies.
- In partnership with Human Resources Director, establishes and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training, development and retention, wage/benefit administration and compliance with policies and procedures and labor regulations.
- In partnership with Human Resources Director, recruits, interviews, hires and discharges all personnel.
- On an on-going basis, assesses and reviews the job performance of all subordinates.
- Ensures that proper employee coaching and counseling and disciplinary procedures are utilized.
- Oversees proper training and development of all subordinates.
- Approves personnel schedules, monitors attendance, approves timecards and approves vacation requests.
- Directs and coordinates the activity of all assigned personnel and responsibilities.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate payroll records and that payroll checks are distributed in a timely manner.
- Conducts a yearly formal performance review on all direct reports. Reviews and approves formal performance reviews of all subordinates.
- Conducts regular departmental meetings to ensure continual progression of staff and to highlight areas of desired improvement.
- Creates an environment that provides employees with the tools, training and resources they need to deliver exceptional customer service while exhibiting a sense of teamwork.
- Negotiates contracts with third parties for work, including corrective and preventative maintenance, and upkeep in relation to the Common Areas.
- Supervises the administration and monitors the performances of all work to be performed and services rendered by such contracts.
- Communicates to the Board on a weekly basis with regard to issues involving the community; resident concerns; employees concerns or changes in personnel.
- Prepares a preventative maintenance schedule for the Board of Directors and updates when requested.
- Enforces the Rules and Regulations of the Association as expressed and set forth in the Documents.
- Ensures the compliance by the Association with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Informs Board of any violations of such laws, rules or regulations and acts only upon the instruction and direction of the Board.
- Attends monthly Board Meetings, yearly HOA Meetings and any Special Meetings, at the invitation of the Board.
- Maintains files for all correspondence, bids, repair orders and maintenance records.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Prepares an Annual Budget and presents to the Board for approval within the time frame set forth in the Documents.
- Approves all expenditures and seeks Board approval if expenditure is above pre-determined threshold.
- Ensures monthly expenditures are within budgetary guidelines.
- Reports variances of actual as compared to budget line items to the Board within the time frame set forth in the Documents.
- Assists with audits, when called upon by the Association’s auditors.
- Distributes audited Annual Financial Reports, prepared by the Association’s auditors, to the Board within the time frame set forth in the Documents.
- Prepares correspondence and reports regarding finances as required by the Board.
- A minimum of 5 years as certified HOA Manager.
- Must also have proven accomplishments in another industry.
- 3 years of demonstrated leadership, staff management and customer service skills.
- Facilities management experience helpful.
- Ability to work overtime and attend client board meetings as necessary.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
The Management Trust - 30+ days ago