We Offer |
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
Provide support for key Commercial projects, assisting Terminal and Regional Managers in solving the key challenges.
• Creating and executing project work plans as appropriate; scoping and planning
• Identifying resources needed and stakeholders involved
• Involving stakeholders in developing and executing the solution
• Regular review and update with stakeholders on current project status.
Act as project management liaison to Sr. Management with regard to strategic projects
• Provide input for, develop, and/or identify key commercial conclusions for, but not limited to:
• Opportunities for new revenue development
• Optimizing pricing structure for Terminals throughout North America to extract maximum economic value
• Comparative analyses of key financials related to new commercial opportunities (RFPs/Tenders, etc)
Act as project manager for Value Based Selling (VBS) initiatives for AMR terminals to include, but not limited to:
• Identify terminal priority for adoption of the VBS model
• Quantify economic and/or commercial value that can be created in each terminal
• Adapt and replicate the VBS model for applicable terminals in AMR
• Liaise with BDV team as needed during or after securing a new concession agreement
Support existing business through, but not limited to:
• Supply and demand modelling and supporting data for assimilation into business cases.
• Contract development
• Value proposition creation
• Collaboration with regional stakeholders for sign off
Responsible for the development and management of commercial business continuity planning to include, but not limited to:
• Development of contractual strategies during interrupted operations such as strikes, lockouts, natural disasters, etc
• Liaise with Legal to identify and align contractual obligations and interpretations
• Customer communication related to instances of Force Majeure, labor disruptions, etc
Development of internal reporting and communication including:
• Commercial KPI Dashboard (EBITDA, new volume vs. RQF, Revenue, etc)
• SharePoint contract database management
• X-Change CRM database management
• Manage cross-departmental reporting
Conduct business research and analysis for the Sr. Management team as required
Audit internal business processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
Serve as the main point of contact for region on corporate branding guidelines
• Maintain policies related to the procurement and display of branded materials
• Provide all aspects of support to the regional terminals for branding needs
Support of New Terminals
• Identify commercial strategy and opportunities for new terminals
• Provide e-platform support and document support
Work in coordination with Operations department on SLA reporting including but not limited to:
• Berth/Crane Productivity
Assist in commercial decision making and business evaluation
Prepare custom reports
Perform other position-related duties as specified by management
Who we are looking for
The General Manager, Commercial Development leads/participates in identified commercial initiatives and manages select projects end-to-end from problem analysis to solution identification and implementation. The scope of these projects rage from the terminal to regional level.
This position requires close cooperation with Terminal Managers and APM Terminals Senior Leadership in Portsmouth, Virginia to attain a high understanding of the local and regional objectives.
A.P. Moller - Maersk Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard