The General Manager, Cruises is a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to help grow an important business for Travelocity. This individual will build a leading market presence for Travelocity with aggressive targets for accelerating transactions, revenue, and profitability. The position is based in Dallas-Fort Worth and is a high visibility role with interaction with the most senior leaders at Travelocity Global and Sabre Holdings.
The ideal candidate has extensive eCommerce experience, a proven track record in driving growth and bottom line results, and exceptional skills at building a network of committed stakeholders to support the success of the business. They will possess knowledge of the online travel market, and exhibit a deep passion for growing Travelocity’s brand, presence, and market share in Cruises. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and nimble while able to navigate a large organization, build relationships and utilize diverse assets to build a successful business. They will fit well in a casual, dedicated and smart environment, with a focus on quality, teamwork and results.
The General Manager, Cruises will direct all aspects of growing the Cruises business by leading a direct core team responsible for pricing, product selection, promotions and business performance, and interact with a larger indirect team of partners, including Marketing, Product Management, Supplier Relations, and Sales/Customer Care.
The General Manager, Cruises key focus areas will include
· Hiring and development of the team
· Rapidly building a network of committed stakeholder partners
· Revenue growth and profitability
· Driving insight into unique travel market patterns and consumers to guide marketing strategy
· Media monetization
· Public relations
· Performance tracking and modeling
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Minimum seven years experience in eCommerce, marketing, retail or travel industry roles
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required, MBA highly preferred
- eCommerce, online travel, internet, and content-savvy
- Passionate about online travel market opportunity
- Entrepreneurial and large-organization savvy
- Ability /interest in working in a fast paced, dynamic environment on multiple priorities
- Passion to win; results oriented
- Ability to build, motivate and inspire a strong team, both direct and indirect
- Ability to build exceptional relationships internally, externally, and globally
- Ability to simultaneously think and act independently and collaboratively
- Able to identify and act quickly on emerging insights, trends and business opportunities
- Creative, confident and bold; able to imagine new possibilities and forge a vision
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills, at all levels
- Genuine passion and belief that travel is magical, positive, transformational and makes us better human beings
The mission of Travelocity is to inspire people to go and smell the roses through travel by providing innovative apps, competitive prices and 24/7 customer service. Travelocity believes that travel makes us better and is dedicated to being the traveler’s kindred spirit – a travel companion and a travel instigator, roaming the world beside travelers everywhere.
About Travelocity Global
Travelocity Global is one of the world’s largest travel companies, serving the needs of travelers from all walks of life. Based in Southlake (Dallas/Fort Worth), Texas, with offices and customer care centers around the world, Travelocity Global owns and operates: Travelocity® in North America, Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; and lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel. Travelocity Global is owned by Sabre Holdings, a global technology company whose innovative technology is used by more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and get to their destination at a time and price that’s right for them.
Sabre - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...