Key Responsibilities |
Responsibilities include assisting in the coordination and execution of all financial related activities in the business to assist in the proper financial management of the company. This includes direct responsibility for the areas of Financial Reporting and Analysis including General Accounting.
This position will be accountable for all financial reporting and analysis and will advise senior management on financial operations of company.
• Responsible for company’s financial books and records in accordance with applicable accounting standards (International Accounting Standards and U.S. GAAP).
• Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal controls to ensure company’s assets are safeguarded. Identify improvement opportunities and implement as required.
• Ensure adherence to company’s financial policies and business procedures.
• Responsible for overall management of Financial Reporting & Analysis Department. Establish and monitor goals and objectives for departmental personnel.
• Manage processes to generate financial forecast and analysis of variances versus actual results.
• Manage assigned staff, demonstrate leadership in recruiting/hiring of departmental personnel, and develop and monitor departmental personnel training plan
• Provide organization’s management with timely and accurate financial reporting including recommendations to assist in decision making.
• Support financial information needs of corporate and global parent.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including compliance requirements resulting from status as U.S. Government contractor.
• Supports company commitment to ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 certification
• Performs other position related duties as specified by management
Who we are looking for
• Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required (must be from an accredited institution)
• CPA strongly preferred
• 5-7 years financial management experience
• Technical Skills and Competencies Required
• Demonstrated strong to superior skills in the following areas:
o Communications – oral and written
o Management information systems including analytical tools
• Preferred Technological Skills
• Superior use of PeopleSoft ERP system (individual will be super-user for Billing, Contracts, Projects modules)
• Superior skills using Microsoft Excel and Word including use of Microsoft Excel analytical tools (Pivot Tables)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office setting, typically the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work, usually at a computer terminal – with short breaks or lunch period. However, there may be some bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level, walking; standing; carrying of light items such as papers, books or packages of up to 25 pounds. Should be able to hear & speak clearly using phone / headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view & enter information on the computer.
A.P. Moller - Maersk Group - 2 years ago