BECOME PART OF A PASSIONATE CREW OF SALES LEADERS!
As a Manager-in-Training, you will be the motivating force behind enhancing the customer's shopping experience by ensuring our exceptional level of customer service is provided from each and every team member. You will also enable a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff while driving overall store performance. The MIT is an entry level senior store management (GENERAL STORE MANAGER) position which reports directly to the Training Store Manager and the District Manager.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Training for this position will be based out of a location within Greater San Diego, CA.
- Drive overall sales goals and metric performance
- Facilitate, Promote, and Supervise all aspects of customer service
- Lead by example while driving overall store performance
- Recruit, train and supervise sales and support staff
- Create a plan of succession for current staff members
- Ensure Operating Procedures are effectively implemented at all levels
- Achieve sales and labor goals via effective schedule writing
- Oversee general merchandising and store operations
- Partner with visual team in regards to merchandise presentation
- Act as liaison to corporate supervisors staff
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekend shifts.
Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our retail management team. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
- Prefer 2 - 5 years of high volume retail management experience; 1 year as a General Manager
- Prefer college degree
- Able to perform in a customer service intensive environment
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to enable management and develop staff; Team Player
- Strong communication, inter-personal and people skills
- Basic understanding of P&L components
- Merchandising skills in both hardlines and softlines a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Organized, resourceful and driven to satisfy customers
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...