TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
Descriptive Title: General Mechanic (1 FT Day Position)
REF#: UH-S-1512-13-I (1)
Budget Title: same as above
State Classified Position
Department: HSC Plant Operations
State Line#: TBA
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Required Qualifications: Four years of satisfactory full time experience in a trade under a skilled journey level position including one year of exper i ence in the operation or maintenance of commercial type of refrigeration or air-conditioning equipment. Training in heating, refrigeration or air-conditioning gained by the completion of technical courses at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of the safe & efficient operation of air - condit i oning equipment , working knowledge of the procedures, materials and tools used in the maintenance, repair and installation of air-conditioning equipment, working knowledge of properties and qualities of various gases and solutions. Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, specifications. blueprints and schematic drawings, ability to lay out and draw rough sketches and diagrams of work to be performed, ability to recognize and rectify mechanical and electrical problems existing in air-conditioning equipment, ability to train and supervise skilled, semiskilled and relatively unskilled workers, and ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Pe r form pre v ent i ve maintenance on HVAC equipment , troubleshooting, locating fau l ts and recording and interpreting electrica l and equipment readings in various circuits , in stall e l ectr i cal circu its accord i ng to code an d restoration and clean up of area after work completion , perform repairs to HVAC system by following supervisor's d ir ection , blueprints and work requests .
- Follow safety co des and regu l ations , wearing safety equipmen t and instruct subordinates how to work safely on equipment and follow saf ety rules .
- E m p l oyee arrives to work on time and adheres to proper break and lunch p e riods, availability to work emergencies on occasion and somet ime s work scheduled overt i me .
- Emp l oyee keeps work area cle an and safe .
- Maintain tools in proper condition , report malfunctions of tools/equipm ent and courteous to other emplo y ees , staff and patients and their families.
Other Duties: All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: REPOST: 1 Full-time day position - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm - Days vary - weekends and off shift required. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University
- 2 years ago - save job