The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
Performs diagnostic radiographic, fluoroscopic, and angiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision; uses independent judgment to accomplish the efficient completion of prescribed radiologic procedures utilizing good patient care and proper radiation protection standards; assists physicians and nurses with interventional procedures; processes exam; assures correct film and file documentation; records information related to exams into department computers; enters accurate and complete billing information.
Training, Education and Experience (Required):
• Completion of an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology program.
• ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) registry or will acquire this within 6 months of employment.
• Washington State Radiologic Technologist Certification.
Education and Experience (Preferred):
• Digital x-ray and DEXA experience.
• Knowledgeable of sterile scrub techniques.
• Must have good customer relations skills.
• Able to prioritize work assignments and adjust tasks as needed.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volumes or staffing needs (i.e., may include overtime, flexing, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and call).
• Able to work independently and as part of a team as the situation requires.
• Able to assess patients' conditions and request assistance when necessary.
• Understands the hazardous (i.e., radiation, chemicals from film processing, biohazardous waste, electromagnetic fields) working conditions.
• Able to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
• Must possess an understanding of the operation of all equipment and procedures in designated area.
Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
• Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Alliance Clinic’s Mission and Values, and that reflect excellent customer service.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE. This is a per-diem position.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 30+ days ago
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, established in 1998, unites the adult and pediatric cancer-care services of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Ce...