Ryerson, one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking General Warehousemen to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. Successful candidate will act as a helper to any operator in the performance of the operator's duties in operating any machine or the handling of material to machines or the direct filling of orders, including bundling, packaging, tagging, loading or unloading, hooking up for cranes, chipping, grinding, piling, racking, reconditioning material, etc., as directed and assisting maintenance personnel as directed.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Direct pulling and filling of orders
• Crating or packaging material for shipment
• Loading and unloading trucks, placing of material in its proper place
• Use of computer to relieve and locate stock, aware of the various systems used to fill and ship orders.
• Complete orders in a timely fashion, always keeping safety and customer service in mind.
• Must be able to operate fork lifts, side loaders, remote driven overhead cranes
• Compliance with all established safety rules, procedures, and the correct use of personal protective equipment.
• Understand quality issues and customer specific needs.
• Capable to do other task that could be assigned by your supervisor.
• Able to load and unload trucks.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum HS Diploma or GED
• 1-3 years experience in a metals warehouse setting
• Ability to drive mobile equipment (forklifts, sideloaders, and tractors).
• General warehouse knowledge on safety, inventory control, and housekeeping is also needed
• An understanding of inventory management, safety, and the importance of good housekeeping is also important
• Proficient computer experience required
• SAP experience preferred
Ryerson - 8 months ago
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...