GDS Associates, Inc
. is a nationwide multi-service engineering and consulting firm specializing in the energy utilities industry. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Project Manager in the Generation Services Department located in Marietta, GA or Austin, TX. This position will assist in and eventually manage several ongoing projects performed by the Generation Services Department; other duties will include staff supervision, new project management, and business development.
Generation Services Department
offers comprehensive market analysis of available generating technologies for electric utilities or other entities seeking to determine which generating option best suits their needs. We additionally provide design and development oversight and fuel procurement services in the early, developmental stages of generating projects. The department also offers plant construction and operational monitoring programs to help clients achieve comprehensive management oversight and favorable resolution of co-owned plant dispatch, fuel supply, and cost allocation issues.
Experience and Skills:
- Business Development
- Develop and maintain industry contacts at the project management level.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and projects.
- Project Management
- Responsibility for management of generation services projects, including generation asset management for client-owned generation (mainly gas-fired) and monitoring of client co-owned generation (mainly coal-fired), generation project development, fuel supply, environmental compliance, etc.
- Approximately 20% travel required
- Responsible for coordination of the generation services aspects of larger new or ongoing projects for existing clients.
- 5-10 years operations, maintenance, and/or consulting electric power generation plant industry required.
- Supervisory and business development experience preferred.
- Operations, maintenance, and/or consulting experience.
- Regulatory experience preferred including knowledge of existing and proposed environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various power generation technologies with in-depth expertise in either gas-fired (preferred) or coal-fired generation.
- Thorough understanding of O&M budgeting, cost tracking/categorization, power plant dispatch characteristics (costs, heat rate, start-up, etc).
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license strongly preferred.
GDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Management and coordination of resources.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Number of Openings:
Years of Experience:
5 - 7 Years
Level of Education:
Starting Date :
GDS Associates, Inc. - 18 months ago