The Geo/Environmental Scientist supports project managers in the planning and execution of environmental investigation and remediation projects. Typical assignments include the development of sampling plans and work plans, oversight of field investigations, and preparation of a wide variety of reports ranging from simple letter documents to complex CERCLA Remedial Investigation and/or Feasibility Study reports. The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS in an appropriate technical field such as Geology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science, several years of experience in executing environmental field investigations, and a proven record of delivering high-quality, on schedule written work products (plans and reports) within established budgets. Work experience should include hands-on multi-media sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, indoor air, etc.), advancement of soil and rock borings using a variety of drilling technologies, and the installation of monitoring wells. Experience with performing ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and hazardous waste site characterization and remediation projects under the MCP (Massachusetts Contingency Plan), is required. Strong analytical chemistry skills, including knowledge of standard laboratory analytical methods and data validation protocols, are desired. This position is located in Lowell, MA and requires occasional travel for field assignments. --posted on RealLocalJobs.com • Preparation of plans and reports while working under the direction of senior staff.
- Direct field subcontractors and junior field staff during investigations and remediation activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and quality focused with the ability to meet any challenge
- Ability to travel for field assignments. • 2 - 6 yrs exp in env.investigation,sample collection, haz waste site characterization,and remediation projects under the MCP
- Geology, Chemistry or Environmental Science degree pref.
- Exp in CERCLA process from PA through RI/FS, and Proposed Plans and Decision Documents,DoD environmental investigation and remediation projects a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training,8 hour refresher required
- Strong technical writing,computer, organizational, and communication skills. Contact Information: lowell MA US email: email@example.com
- 2 years ago - save job
Since 1992, Watermark Learning has helped organizations improve productivity and effectiveness through timely and relevant skill...